The Renesas Promotion Board is pre-programmed to work with the GUI provided on the included DVD to demonstrate the key low power capabilities of the RL78/L12 device family along with it's direct drive LCD functionality.
The RPBRL78L12 includes RL78/L12 CPU board with custom segment LCD integrated, On Chip Debugger (OCD), Eclipse based e2studio (a Integrated Development Environment), Free of charge GNU compiler and Example embedded code, extensive documentation.
This device family is also fully supported by our key development partner IAR Systems.
When you would like to start software development or MCU evaluation, please access to Design Support.
- Easy to use device demonstration capabilities
The YRPBRL78L12 contains elements to easily demonstrate simple I/O-functions (i.e. LED output, I/O lines, UART serial interface) together with the key functions such as Segment LCD driver, Real Time Clock (RTC), ADC, Timers, safety functions and on-chip data flash.
- Power supply via USB interface
The YRPBRL78L12 is powered via USB interface. No separate power supply is needed, although a connector is provided to supply an external power supply if required.
- On-Board debug function
The YRPBRL78L12 supports an On-Board debug function by using the supplied e2studio debugger, without the need of additional debug hardware. It allows Flash programming and supports standard debug functions such as code execution, single stepping, software breakpoints, memory manipulation etc.
- Renesas Flash Programmer (RFP)
- Windows based Flash programming software allows the user to select
and download application programs to the YRPBRL78L12 board for evaluation purposes.
- Applilet3 Device driver code generator
Software tool used to generate device driver code to initialise and use on-chip peripherals
- Various input / output signals available, such as
- All unused I/O ports prepared to be connected to user hardware
- Virtual UART interface, via the μPD78F0730 78K0 8-bit microcontroller with on-board USB interface
- 3 LEDs connected to a RL78/L12 port for visualisation.
- The e2studio IDE for RL78 and KPIT GNU compiler are included. These packages contain no code size is limitations
- Full documentation is included for the Renesas software tools and the RL78/L12 device.
- YRPBRL78L12 promotion board
- USB Type A / Mini-B cable
- Screwdriver to adjust the potentiometer voltage
- DVD containing all the software, tools, and documentation needed to quickly start evaluating the product: evaluating the product:
- Demonstration and Evaluation GUI
- e2studio IDE for RL78 and KPIT GNU compiler
- USB interface driver for GUI and user communication
- Debugging and Programming Sample code and documentation
|Tools Orderable Part Number(s)||Distributor Name||Distributor Region||Description||Suggested Price/pcs|
|YRPBRL78L12||FUTURE ELECTRONICS||US||Renesas demonstration Kit for RL78L12||$10|
Tool Stock and Availability
Note : Distributor Prices may vary from the stated budgetary price. The pricing and availability information on this site is based on information provided by Renesas’ authorized distributors and is subject to change without notice. By selecting a distributor from this page, you will be redirected from the Renesas site to the distributor’s website to complete a purchase. The distributors are independent from Renesas and maintain their own terms and conditions of sale. Renesas disclaims all representations and warranties, express and implied, with respect to transactions between distributors and their end customers.